Digital coal ash fusibility (fusion) furnace (CAF digital)
At high temperatures, the heat from burning coal is often sufficient to melt its own ash which, when cooled, solidifies into clinker.
In industrial coal burning applications, clinkers can be extremely large and can cause both disposal problems and operation downtime. Coal ash fusibility testing is therefore required to determine the ash fusibility characteristics of the fuel.
- The introduction of the Carbolite digital Coal Ash Fusibility (fusion) test furnace has revolutionised coal sample testing where time and accuracy are both critical;
- The coal ash fusion furnace is designed to heat coal ash samples to a maximum temperature of 1600°C in a controlled atmosphere;
- Up to 12 samples can be simultaneously tested;
- Visually records the fusion samples for further analysis;
- Furnace work tube is sealed and has a fail-safe gas control system for use with toxic & flammable gases;
- Sliding & rotating door mechanism provides unrestricted access to work tube for loading/unloading samples;
- Maximum number of samples : 12;
- Digital data capture.
- Click for specification details
- New AFT (ash fusibility test) furnace to meet the following standards:
- DD CEN/TS 15404:2006 Solid recovered fuels – Methods for the determination of ash melting behaviour by using characteristic temperatures.
- Final Draft prCEN/TS 15370-1 October 2005 Solid biofuels – Methods for the determination of ash melting behaviour – Part 1: Characteristic temperatures method.
- Click for brochure
CAF 16/38 Coal ash fusibility (fusion) furnace
- This furnace is fitted with recrystallised alumina high temperature tubes in a bricked heating chamber, through which rod elements run;
- The furnace is fitted with flow meters to regulate the flow of hydrogen and carbon dioxide. These respective flow lines link up in a common gas-entry tube above the entrance end, and the gas outlet is similarly located at the exit end;
- In order to make the furnaces gas tight, the 38mm internal diameter is sealed into specially recessed yokes, back and front, through which holes are bored to accommodate the gas inlet and outlet;
- At the front of the furnace is a heat resisting glass mounting swinging bezel. This gives a gas tight seal and for ease of observation when viewing the high temperature involved, a retractable blue glass viewing window is also provided;
- The furnace may be fitted with a telescope, fitted to a hinged bracket, after the test cone samples have been placed in position in the work tube;
- Power to the elements is controlled by solid state relays and a choice of controllers/programmers is available.
- Click for brochure